HP3000-L Archives

November 2003, Week 3

From:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 06:17:29 -0500
The upgrade from 6.5 PP2 to 6.5 PP3 apparently is not the culprit.

I am sure I have fixed the problem.

To begin with, there was a file in NET.SYS that I had not renamed. NS/3000
was obviously trying to do something with it and this was causing a problem
requiring the OVERRIDE option. Once I had renamed the file I no longer
needed the OVERRIDE option.

Changed my netstart and netstop UDC's to reflect the changes and the fixes
appear to work ok. No system hang so far ....

NETSTART
NETCONTROL START;NET=LOOP
NETCONTROL START;NET=LAN
NSCONTROL START
RUN STMSTART.DIAG.SYS

NETSTOP
RUN STMSHUT.DIAG.SYS
NSCONTROL STOP
NETCONTROL STOP;NET=LAN
NETCONTROL STOP;NET=LOOP

Another little problem I think I have is this. I am trying to sign onto my
box via the dsline.

The dsline command works ok, but my REMOTE HELLO command errors out with
the error:

DSLINE BRIAN.S917.COM
ENVIRONMENT 2: BRIAN.S917.COM=BRIAN.S917.COM
REMOTE HELLO BRIAN,MGR.E3K
Local vt service has not been started. (CIERR 5036)
Remote hello failed. (CIERR 5082)
Remote command error. (CIERR 5402)

Would you happen to know what my problem is? How do I start the local vt
service?

Brians World:NSCONTROL STATUS=ALL

JOBNUM  SESSION  TYPE         USER.ACCOUNT
          ID      SERVICES      NODENAME

#S5     #174615 REMOTE
BRIAN,MANAGER.SYS
        #020040   ORIGIN
P1Q3J3.DOMAIN.ORG

TOTAL NUMBER OF LOCAL NS USERS:
0
TOTAL NUMBER OF REMOTE NS USERS:
1
TOTAL NUMBER OF NS USERS:
1

SERVICE   TYPE    SERVER    DESCRIPTION

VTA       REMOTE  VTSERVER  INCOMING STREAM MODE VIRTUAL
TERMINAL
HPIP      REMOTE  HPIPNS    INCOMING CLIENT/SERVER ALLBASE
SERVICE
NSSTATL   LOCAL   NSSTATUS  OUTGOING NSSTATUS
SERVICE
NSSTAT    REMOTE  NSSTATUS  INCOMING NSSTATUS
SERVICE
LOOPBACK  REMOTE  LOOPBACK  INCOMING LOOPBACK
SERVICE
RPML      LOCAL   DSSERVER  OUTGOING REMOTE PROCESS
MANAGEMENT
RPM       REMOTE  DSSERVER  INCOMING REMOTE PROCESS
MANAGEMENT
VT        REMOTE  VTSERVER  INCOMING VIRTUAL
TERMINAL

SERVICE   STARTED   FEATURES

VTA
YES
HPIP
YES
NSSTATL
YES
NSSTAT
YES
LOOPBACK
YES
RPML
YES
RPM         YES     AUTOLOGON
ON
VT
YES

SERVER      MIN    MAX  ACTIVE RESERVED DEBUG  PIN  JOBNUM  STATUS

HPIPNS        0  32767       0        0
OFF
NSSTATUS      0    300       0        0
OFF