HP3000-L Archives

November 2003, Week 3

From:
Fred White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fred White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:17:19 -0700
On Wednesday, November 19, 2003, at 08:36  AM, Larry Barnes wrote:

> A reason homosexual marriages will only add to the social problems.
>
> From the article above,
> "...According to 2000 census data, the rate of married households in
> the
> United States declined by nearly 30 percent since 1950. Married couples
> now make up an estimated 50 percent of households.
> Meanwhile, the number of unmarried partners living together has risen
> from 523,000 in 1970 to approximately 4.9 million in 2000.
> Nearly one-third of all children today are born outside of marriage,
> and
> more than half of U.S. children will spend all or part of their
> childhood in a broken family, according to statistics.
> The percentage of children living with mothers who have never married
> increased to 36 percent in 1996 from 7 percent in 1970, said Mary
> Parke,
> a researcher at the Center for Law and Social Policy.
> Rector added that a child raised by a mother who has never married is
> seven times more likely to live in poverty than a child raised by his
> biological parents in an intact marriage. ..."
>
> Since a homosexual couple can not have biological parents what does
> this
> say about children raised in such an environment?  The kids don't have
> much of a chance.  The same goes for children raised by a single
> parent.

Firstly, many homosexual couples don't have any children.

Secondly, those that do rarely have more than one or two, whereas many
heterosexual couples have 3, 4, 5 or more placing, on average, a larger
burden on our school system and all other support facilities,

The one or two raised by those few  homosexual couples are adopted and
may otherwise be raised by a sequence of foster parents.

The fewer children of homosexual parents place less strain on the
educational system.

Their parents tend to be better educated with higher incomes than the
average heterosexual couples. This enables them to reside in better
environments with better schools. All of this gives the average child
of homosexual parents better opportunities for success than the average
child of heterosexual parents or than they would have had as orphans.

FW