HP3000-L Archives

November 2003, Week 1

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 11:01:37 -0500
I have two LANICs, one is the 100MBit the other is the old 10MBit.

I had nominally abandoned the old LANIC it was configured with an unused IP address.

However I got a wild burr today and decided to try and add it in to the same segment the 100MBit card is on.

The old 10MBit lan is named LAN1.

The new 100MBit lan is named LAN2.

So, when I VALIDATE in NMMGR, it complains with an error that:

"DUPLICATE NETWORK PARTS OF IP ADDRESSES DETECTED (VALERR 119)

I thought this should not be a problem, as long as I configure the last octet of the IP to be a different number.  Any hints?

BT

Tracy Johnson
MSI Schaevitz Sensors