SCRAPPY Archives

November 2003

SCRAPPY@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Chuck Cantrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Cantrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 15:58:59 -0500
The following is a message from Margaret Perry, Chancellor-Emeritus,
UT-Martin and Presidential Search Executive Director:

Nov. 7, 2003

TO: UT-Chattanooga Students, Faculty and Staff
FROM: Margaret Perry
SUBJECT: Presidential Search Open Forum

Dear Students, Faculty and Staff:

The Presidential Search Advisory Council and Search Committee are
holding a series of open forums around the state of Tennessee this
month as we do the important work of selecting the next president of
the University of Tennessee, and we invite you to attend.

The Chattanooga forum is at 4 p.m. (EST) Tuesday, Nov. 11, in the
Benwood Auditorium of the Engineering, Math and Computer Science
Building. During the event we will review our guiding principles as
they relate to the search process. The meeting will also provide an
opportunity to offer your comments on the qualifications and
characteristics of the next UT president.

In preparation for the forum, I encourage you to review the "Previous
Presidential Job Specifications" on the  Presidential Search Web page
at http://pr.tennessee.edu/presidentialsearch/jobspecifications.asp .
We want
to hear your thoughts about these 12 requirements.

I encourage you to attend the event and show your interest and
support for the process. For those who cannot attend in person, a
live Web cast will be available through the UT Office of Information
Technology at this address:
http://oit.utk.edu/dst/webevents.html .

Thank you for your support and your energy as we work toward