HP3000-L Archives

October 2003, Week 4

From:
"Stevin R. Almes" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 24 Oct 2003 11:20:27 -0500725_us-ascii Is Jefferson talking about priests or politicians???

And old Tom, we are learning, wasn't the moral character that our history
books want us to believe.

John Lee

At 09:47 AM 10/24/03 EDT, Wirt Atmar wrote:

>"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty.
>He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for
>protection to his own."
>
>-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Horatio G. Spafford, March 17, 1814
>
>Wirt Atmar

[...]44_24Oct200311:20:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:36:47 -0700
Thanks!  That's all I needed.  It works great!

- Steve