HP3000-L Archives

October 2003, Week 4

From:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:28:07 -0800
The problem here isn't stupid laws, in my opinion, it's stupid school administrators.  It makes sense to have a law against sharing prescription drugs, but any police force would ignore an incident like this one.  School administrators, on the other hand, seem to believe that the existence of rules means you must leave your brain at home when you go to work, and may not exercise any judgment.  That's especially disturbing when we consider that these are the same institutions that are supposed to be teaching our children critical thinking skills!