HP3000-L Archives

October 2003, Week 4

From:
Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:52:10 -0800
Wirt said:
Creationists often decry the idea that we're descended from monkeys, but
we're not. We're descended from fish

The opposite can also be said, that evolutionist decry the idea that this world and all that is upon it was 'created' by a God.  That doesn't mean that evolution didn't/doesn't take place within each species.

If the great flood occurred and Noah gathered 1 male and 1 female of each species aboard an arc then why do we have so many different varieties of dogs, cats, goats, cows, elephants, etc. etc. etc.  today? Evolution within the species.

It is my understanding that Darwin only proposed the theory of evolution and that theory has 'evolved' in to some sort of factual statement, by many.  It is still a theory and will never be proven except by those with 'tunnel vision'; by those who can't see the trees for the forest.

If God does exist, and I believe that, then we have a long way to go before we understand His higher laws and thoughts.  It is possible that all the discoveries made by man have taken place when man has followed certain laws that reveal the facts. For example the laws of covering flight, the laws of concerning the combustion engine, and recently those laws concerning fuel cells.  Man is just discovering what God already knows.  With these discoveries comes the responsibility of using them for wise purposes.  For every discovery made, man has found both a positive and a negative way to use them; both to help and hinder humanity.

just my 0.02