HP3000-L Archives

October 2003, Week 4

From:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:14:13 -0400
Well, you've thought about the nails and tacks, but you forgot the hammer.
  I remember a hammer has a claw!  At least the did when I did framing
construction, in a previous century!

--------------------

You are being ridiculous, Larry.  I am glad I do not make foolish
statements like you have made.  ;->

Unfortunately, if we now add hammers in, we have to consider what type
of hammer.  What about a ball-pean hammer?  Or a lucern hammer?  Thor's
hammer?  Clearly a claw hammer is best for the job, but these other
hammers could work.  A competent carpenter would, or course use the
traditional claw hammer, but nothing is said about whether any of
the men were competent carpenter's, or even carpenter's at all.  Or
carpet-layers of what competence.  If you look back to my solution
to the problem, you will see I cleverly circumvented all of this
incomplete information, and used the tried and true method of
scientific data coupled with incisive use of precise mathematics.....
and arrived at a correct answer!

Other people also came up with the correct answer, but since they
did so using incomplete information, clearly they lucked out by
guessing.