HP3000-L Archives

October 2003, Week 3

From:
Tad Bochan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:07:26 +0200
Hi,
Your command file doesn't work because the 'showjob>joblist.data'
creates a temporary (non - msg!!)  file of that name, and does not use the
file
which you built. Therefore, every 'input' command just re-reads the first
record
of this temporary file.
You could verify this by issuing a listftemp,2 after executing the command.
You can fix this by using a file equation.
FILE X=JOBLIST.DATA,OLD
and then
SHOWJOB JOB=@J > *X
I personally don't like the use of 'msg' files for this type
of command. It is  very inefficient, and can be error prone.
Good luck,
Tad

Internet
[log in to unmask] - 20/10/2003 11:58

Pour : Tad BOCHAN

cc :

Objet :     RE:      [HP3000-L] Réf. : Command File help

Hi

Thanks a lot for the command file..
But I was wondering why my job was not working....
Could you throw some light on the same???

Thanks
Venkat

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the
rain."