HP3000-L Archives

October 2003, Week 3

From:
Wyell Grunwald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wyell Grunwald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:43:50 -0400
Peter,

There is an option on the FOPEN/HPFOPEN to use or ignore an existing file equation.

Use either the COMMAND or HPCICOMMAND intrinsic to set one programmatically.

There is no intrinsic that FILE uses behind the scenes.

Wyell

>>> Peter Smithson <[log in to unmask]> Wednesday, October 15, 2003 12:01:55 PM >>>
 Hello,

Is there an MPE intrinsic or option to FOPEN/HPFOPEN to create a file
intrinsic?

The other option is to use the COMMAND intrinsic to execute a normal
"FILE=..." command but I'd like to know if there's an intrinsic
(presumably "FILE=" uses one behind the scenes).

Thanks

Peter

--
http://www.beluga.freeserve.co.uk