HP3000-L Archives

October 2003, Week 1

From:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 11:07:20 -0700
Hello all @ 3000-l,
RE: Future Microsoft and MPE FTP incompatibility?

I would be very interested to hear what the specific "feature"
that is rumored to be changing in Microsoft FTP is, that could
result in incompatibility with MPE with out Microsoft breaking
the RFC standards.

I currently test successfully inbound and outbound to NT, WIN/2K
and XP-Pro (current service packs) with the MPE FTP/iX client
and FTP/iX server. I have found intermittent problems that have
been fixed and currently hit a 40Gb file limit on NT (SP6a), but
for the most part it all works.

FTP on the 3k does have a "POSIX=ON" mode that makes the
FTP on MPE look even more like a standard HFS directory
POSIX machine.

If any one has further details, let us know!

Not to worry, we are still doing fixes until 2006.

Regards,
James Hofmeister
Email: <first>.<last>@hp.com
Hewlett Packard - Global Solutions Engineering (WTEC)
P.S. My Ideals are my own, not necessarily my employers.