HP3000-L Archives

October 2003, Week 1

From:
Dane Bodamer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 11:50:47 -0400
Another possibility is dependent on if you have MPEX.  If you use the logon
entry point in your logon UDC and you have an issue with MPEX, whether it be
a logfile or a corrupt message file or if you use the $LOGON-EXECUTE
statement in SECURCON and are running something that has a problem, all your
new users would hang at logon time.

Another possibility is dependent on if you have Netbase running.  If for
some reason your NBM.IPC.NETBASE file fills up, and it could for a number of
reasons, all sessions would hang at that time because no new transactions
could be written to that message file.

        Those are two that I know of.  Disc failure is another one, like Tom
said, unless you do software mirroring.

This might help you.  If one of these scenarios are possible, feel free to
contact me.

Thanx
  Dane