UTCSTAFF Archives

October 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
David Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:48:35 -0400
It's that time of year again, time to start planning for Christmas.

and Tennessee's Early Intervention System (TEIS) needs your help!

TEIS works with families of infants and toddlers with disabilities and
special needs and is located on UTC's campus as part of the College of
Education and Applied Professional Studies.  Each year, we identify
families in our program who are not able to provide the items that their
children need and wish for at Christmas and who will not be receiving
help from any other source.  We have named our project "Lexie's Legacy"
as a way to remember and honor a grandchild of one of our staff members
who died at the age of 14 months old in March of 2002.

And here's where you come in: TEIS would like to solicit your help in
providing newly purchased items to assist our families this Christmas
Season.  Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated; however,
we are hoping for organizations to sponsor or adopt complete families.
This would include purchasing food for the family, and buying and
wrapping gifts.

If you need any additional information or would be willing to help,
please contact either Amy Jenkins at 425-5260, or Sharon Matthews at
425-2371.

Please help us keep "Lexie's Legacy" strong by helping those less
fortunate.

May you be truly blessed this Holiday Season!