UTCSTAFF Archives

October 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Katie Harbison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Katie Harbison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:46:57 -0500
Attention Academic Departments!

As some of you might remember, UTC co-sponsored an event with Chattanooga
State and the Chamber of Commerce last year in the arena called Career
Crunch.  This event allowed area 8th graders to start thinking about their
future and the career path that they want to follow.  We had close to 90
exhibitors last year which included many departments from UTC that were
able to showcase their field of study as well as their specific department.
Now, we need you to step up again.  The event will be held on November 18 &
19, 2003 at Chattanooga State, so it's more important than ever to have UTC
represented.  All area schools as well as businesses will be there and we
want to make sure that UTC is there in full force also.  The event will
begin on Tuesday morning, November 18 at 8:30 am with anywhere from 300-400
students coming in at that time.  The students will come in to the exhibit
hall in a continuous stream throughout the day until about 3:00 pm.  Career
Crunch will run the same hours on Wednesday, November 19.  We will have
between 3,000- 4,000 students coming through the exhibit hall during the 2
day event.
Because you are a part of UTC, there is no fee to have a table at Career
Crunch (businesses pay $75).  However, if you would like a boxed lunch,
there is an extra charge for that.  Please let me know if you are
interested in participating no later than Monday, November 10.  We look
forward to showing off UTC at this year's event!
Thanks so much,
Katie Harbison

Katie Cooper Harbison
Outreach Coordinator