UTCSTAFF Archives

October 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Marilyn Willis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marilyn Willis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:19:06 -0500
Giving is a choice.  A gift to the United Way, to me, is a small way in
which I can participate in the spirit of Chattanooga.

  I have found Chattanooga to be a city in which its citizens want to take
care of one another whether that be through building two new inner city
elementary schools or re-thinking downtown development.  There are many
organizations that partner together to all of our mutual benefit.  And we
have  a wonderful process in which all citizens can come together and
discuss what we want Chattanooga to become.

But there are members of our Chattanooga family who need more help than
others.  There are people and needs that I cannot see and of which I am
probably am totally unaware.  I cannot make a big gift (millions of
dollars) but  I would like to think that whether my gift is fifty cents or
more I know I have reached out to people who need help.  I am so grateful
for the United Way and its volunteers for being overseers of our neediest
family members.

I think the spirit of the gift is as important as the gift and though my
gift maybe small, the spirit in which it is given is most humble and
grateful and my contribution is my way of saying I support UTC and its
spirit of community and giving.

Dr. Marilyn Willis
College of Business Administration
412-L Fletcher Hall
615 McCallie Avenue
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Chattanooga, TN  37403
  (423) 725-4179 office     [log in to unmask]
  (423) 725-4162 fax