UTCSTAFF Archives

October 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Kim Edward Renz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kim Edward Renz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:02:22 -0500
For those of us who "do" jazz, I thought this might be of interest.

>With the closing of the Southside Jazz Junction, chances of catching a
>jazz show are slim. But there is one jazz staple of the Chattanooga
>community that continues on. The Chattanooga Monday Night Jazz Band have
>moved their explosive performances to the Chattanooga Theatre Centre. Once
>housed at the Chattanooga Billiards Club on Jordan Drive, the band has
>enjoyed critical and audience acclaim while playing at such venues as
>Nightfall and the Southside Jazz Junction.
>
>If you are looking for good jazz, look no further than the Chattanooga
>Theatre Centre on Monday nights with the Chattanooga Monday Night Jazz
>Band.* Doors open at 7pm with music beginning at 7:30pm. Food and
>beverages are available and admission is only $3. Proceeds also benefit
>the Chattanooga Theatre Centre - working to bring Chattanooga the best
>theatrical experiences.
>
>Check out the Monday Night Jazz Band this Monday, November 3.
>
>*Due to conflicts with the Chattanooga Theatre Centre's schedule, the
>Monday Night Jazz Band will not perform on the following dates: 11/24/03
>thru 12/29/03, 1/19/04, 3/29/04, 5/17/04 or 7/12/04.
>
>This e-mail has been sent to you as part of the Jazz Association mailing
>list. If you would prefer not to receive future information on this event,
>please hit reply and type unsubscribe in the subject line. Thank you.

Kim Edward Renz
Patten Performances, Department 6756
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Fine Arts Center, 752 Vine Street
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37403-2598
Office: 423-425-4379 Facsimile: 423-425-5249
[log in to unmask]     www.utc.edu/finearts
No is only the first step to yes.