SCUBA-SE Archives

October 2003

From:
David Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 07:15:19 -0700
True enough at the present time, but the populations
of Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Lee, and Collier
counties have been surging, and are possibly larger
than you may think. The water wars on the wests coast
are getting uglier every year. I believe Tampa now has
a desalination plant!

Southwest Florida, in particular Collier county, is
growing enormously. Possibly some of this has been
stimulated by the completion of I-75 a few years back
from Naples to Miami. (My folks are snowbirds who
winter in Naples, so I've seen the population surge in
the past decade.)

David H.