SCUBA-SE Archives

October 2003

From:
Krazy Kiwi Viv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 19:31:52 -0400
Talking bout rhyming slang and dictionaries ... guess wot. A new
Australian dictionary that includes slang words for common objects has
just been published this month and it has some beauties.
I have to get myself a copy so I can check if there are any scuba related
terms that have made the cut.

Check out the link below.
http://news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,7446557%255E13762,00.html

I use to like vanilla slices but I've now been put off them for life ;-)
And, like the Professor, I think the term "the red handbag" is an absolute
hoot.  Will have to give Woofie hell over that as she is from Tasmania.
Viv