SCUBA-SE Archives

October 2003

From:
Christian Gerzner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 19:42:46 +1000
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 07:37:32 -0400, Reef Fish
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

(I wrote)

> >Frankly, nobody gives a rat's ass (a pretty strong statement from me).
>
> At least THREE readers do, because they posted about it.

You conveniently forgot to copy my qualification:

> > Today's download was just the posts of you two

> 3.  A officious, odious, Aussie Old Bag named Christian, who NEVER
>     has anything about scuba (or anything else) to contribute to
>     this list EXCEPT his complaints, about me, mostly.

Remember the adage about the pot and the kettle? You happen to be even
older than I am.

As for my complaining, I'm entirely comfortable with that.

> Get a LIFE, Christian.

You know next to nothing about my life, especially my private life.
You therefore shouldn't hazard a guess as to what it does, or doesn't,
entail. With one (notable and very dear to me) exception nobody on
this, or any other list for that matter, has a clue about my private
life - to the extent that I live in a Post Office box and have an
unlisted Phone No.

> I'll spending THREE weeks this month, DIVING (with cruising).  So
> that'll take MUCH off your life, Christian, because you wouldn't
> have anything to do without complaining about my posts which I'll
> not have time to do while I am travelling.

As above.

Incidentally, the post was not directed at you alone yet you're the
one frothing at the mouth. I might add, as usual and as expected.

Lee sent me a private reply (I'm sure he won't mind my saying so)
which was entirely polite and included a .jpg of his blocked response
list, complete with dates. However much you may rant and claim that
Lee is a liar about this, I rather suspect that he is not. Oh, would
you like a copy of that .jpg?

If you're now going to descend into my professional territory and
claim that it's concocted, and I know that this is something that
COULD happen since stuff like that is my bag, I much doubt that Lee
(a) has the expertise and (b) the software. Especially in the
timeframe involved.

Many people have said that in real life you are a real gentleman and I
have no reason to disbelieve them. Your net persona is however vastly
different; in that persona you are a nasty, mean, vindictive
(especially that last), aggressive person who neither forgives nor forgets.

Nor are you ever, EVER, wrong. In your eyes anyway. It happens that
nobody is always right.

No doubt this post will cause even more vitriol, so be it but I'm
outta here.

Christian
--
The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart
as humans, but that we will meanwhile agree to meet them halfway. Unattributed.