SCUBA-SE Archives

October 2003

From:
Bjorn Vang Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 20:30:37 +0800
Lee,

> If Oriental is not an acceptable term,
>what term is more acceptable for those that share the physical
characteristics I would the term to describe.

"Asian" will do nicely.

>Just out of curiosity, do the people in the "East" refer to those of us who
>:are not as the "West"?

Yes they do. But they don't refer to you as the "FAR West". And to complete
the confusion, many also refer to Australia as the "west"! The inclusion of
the word "Far", however, should always be avoided, since by inference, it
indicates that you believe youself to be the center of the universe, and
those you refer to as someone in the boonies.

Bjorn