SCUBA-SE Archives

October 2003

From:
Lee B ell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 13:31:48 -0400
Viv Matson-Larkin wrote;

> From my local news list.
> Diver hunting for Loch Ness monster
> From correspondents in Edinburgh
>
> A FORMER leukaemia victim who hit headlines by taking part in several
> above-ground marathon races clad in a heavy diving suit has taken his
> charity quest to the bottom of Loch Ness, with hopes for an encounter with
> the lake's most famous denizen.

Wow.  I would think that simply wearing such a suit above the water would be
a fat reducing experience worthy of  note.  Walking around Loch Ness seems
like a very interesting way to bring attention to the disease he's trying to
help find a cure for.  His willingness to put himself out for the cause is
more than a little admirable.

BTW, I figureout out why your messages were being deleted.  INET is one of
the apparent (as opposed to real) sources I was getting virus generated
messages from and, therefore, one of the criterea I built into the filters
I'm using to divert as many of the messages to my delete folder as possible.
I'm getting more than 100 of these messages a day, but have reduced the
number actually getting through to less than a dozen.  The problem is, that
they all count against the maximum allowed on my server until I get them
off.  I'm handling that by staying on line pretty much 24 hours a day and
periodically deleted the bogus messages collecting in my delete folder.

In case others are unsure whether they are infected with the virus, Norton
has removal tools available to the public at their website,
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.list.html .  Downloading
the one for W21.Swen.A and running it will tell you if you have the virus
and clean it if you do.  At least one person, and probably many, who have me
in their address book have the virus.  I suspect my problem relates to
correspondents on uk.rec.scuba rather than here, but it could be almost
anybody.

Lee