HP3000-L Archives

September 2003, Week 4

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 03:38:43 -0700
--- Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>  if someone is running a non-pci system (9x8, 9x9, 99x) with a va -- please >
tell us how you're configured.....

Donna,

I have hooked up several systems using a fiber/scsi routers.  These are not
officially supported but they work great and are very simple to configure.

In fact I am currently hooking up an XP512 through one such Fiber/SCSI router.
It has 2 fiber ports and 8 FW/SCSI ports.  The solution costs about half of
what the A5814A costs.

BTW, thanks for your help with the VA7100 and the brocade switch, it is
currently working and in production with 2 HP3000's connected to it.

Regards,
-Craig