HP3000-L Archives

September 2003, Week 4

From:
"Davidek, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Davidek, Steve
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:11:55 -0700
A great new tool has now become available for HP3000 users world wide --
the HP Online Advocacy Program sponsored by Interex, Encompass (US,
Europe, A/P), ITUG, InterexEMEA and HP.  Our first 3000 related
"InstaPoll" is now live.  Go to interex.org and take the poll (yes, it
is a "pop up" :).  Check out the results and also check out the
hpuseradvocacy.org site.

On the advocacy web site you can post new issues for HP, "me too" vote
on issues already submitted, check out HP's response to issues
submittet, look at the results from past "InstaPolls" and surveys.  As
you will see, the site offers issue voting for all HP Enterprise systems
from NonStop, HP-UX, VMS, Tru64, to MPE.  HP has committed to responding
to issues that receive 6 or more votes.  The Advocacy Steering Committee
meets monthly to forward "6" vote getters to HP.

So please take a momemt to go to interex.org and take the "InstaPoll"
and then check out the online site.  Maybe post an issue or "me too"
vote for one already submitted for HP to respond to.

Feel free to email me directly if you have questions about this great
program.  We just posted the issues submitted at the SisSYSAdmin meeting
in Atlanta on the site and we will be forwarding most of them to HP the
first part of October.

FYI, I am the Interex Volunteer Representative on the Advocacy Steering
Committee.  And no, you do not have to be a member of any of the
sponsoring usergroups to vote or submit and issue.  Please note that you
will have to register your email address to submit an issue (so you can
be contacted with questions or to let you know the repsonse from HP).

Steve
Steve Davidek
Interex Advocacy Survey Task Force
Systems Administrator -- MPE, HP-UX, Linux and Win2k
City of Sparks, Nevada, Information Technology