HP3000-L Archives

September 2003, Week 4

From:
"Wayne R. Boyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 18:19:54 EDT
In a message dated 9/15/03 10:24:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I've been watching this situation with dismay, not because I am a fan of
> Microsoft, but because this is another example of how the patent office has
> let down everyone in the tech industry by issuing patents for concepts that
> clearly do not merit a patent

But John surely you are like most of us and have been in the programming
field for quite some time?  Surely any such 'patent's belong to the earliest
inventor right???

These are 'concepts' that 'we' invented ages ago in the 70's right?  So if
anybody gets a royalty check it should be us right?????

Wayne