HP3000-L Archives

September 2003, Week 4

From:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 21:44:14 -0700
Hello Kent & @ at 3000-l,

RE: FTP MGET * ; MOVE

I tested ";move" MPE to and from MPE and MPE to and from UNIX and the ";move" worked for me (with general release patches installed) every time.

One possible problem is if you entered the "MGET" exactly as you displayed in the subject line, you are correct this will not work.  The FTP syntax has a "very" specific format and a <space> is commonly treated as a terminator.  In the case of the ";<space>MOVE" the "MOVE" text is not seen as part of the command as the blank space following the ";" is treated as a command line terminator.

Regards,

James Hofmeister
Email: <first>.<last>@hp.com
Hewlett Packard - Global Solutions Engineering (WTEC)
P.S. My Ideals are my own, not necessarily my employers.