HP3000-L Archives

September 2003, Week 4

From:
Dave Oksner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Oksner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:30:36 -0700
I've installed this for two of the users here.  Here, we're using the
(more normal?) setup of netscape and outlook on the PC, the proxy is
installed on the PC, and they train their own bayesian filters.  Both have
been quite happy with the results, with another user wanting me to help
him install it on his PC.

Dave

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 04:32:36PM +0200, Lars Appel wrote:
> Me just wrote...
>
> > After a little training, this little gem seems to
> > have become very good at detecting and tagging spam
>
> Oh, by the way, the training part is not me learning to
> use the product, but me telling popfile with a little web
> interface,  when it made a mistake tagging spam versus
> good messages. This helps it update its filters.
>
> ;-) Lars

+-------David Oksner-----http://www.case.net/-------+
|If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.|
|                -- Derek Bok, president of Harvard |