HP3000-L Archives

September 2003, Week 4

From:
David N Lukenbill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David N Lukenbill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:25:46 -0400
Craig,

Are you seeing much improvement in the larger VA7xxx controller cache?
I've been wondering if it's worth the extra cost considering how well MPE
is able to cache data.

David N. Lukenbill

Terry,

A simple solution would be to use a VA7100, with a very nice 2GB of cache.

The problem is that the only supported solution is to use the A5814A fiber
SCSI
router.  Which is a 1 fiber to 1 FW/SCSI conversion, for about 7k.  The
problem
is you probably want 8 of them.  If you want an offically "unsupported" but
working solution, send me an e-mail.

An XP256 is a great solution, just keep the spindle count high.  I have
also
seen really good performance with the HVD10's.

-Craig

--- "Simpkins, Terry" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I was preparing to ask a very similar question, so I will.
>
> We're not planning to upgrade the box, because we don't see significant
CPU