HP3000-L Archives

September 2003, Week 3

From:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 05:34:50 -0400
Shwan,

people are daily tortured and killed e.g. in China, North Korea and at
least half of Africa.
Did the president (current or former) care about any of the killings that
happen daily in Africa?
Answer is NO
Liberia was worth about 200 Marines. Thats it.
China costs about 2,000,000 jobs in the Southern textile industry.
Never mind North Korea. They now have the big bomb and George isn't doing
anything about them. by the way, they are also, according to News the #1
supplier of terrorists with weapons.

So, what was the reason for the invasion of Iraq?
1) oil?
2) Look daddy, I can do better than you?
3) ?????

Take a look to Afghanistan, the Taliban are coming back and almost none of
the promisis are being kept.
Back to growing the plants to make heroin and other narcotics.
Is ok, as some of the Bush-family seemd to have some use for them in the
past.

Michael currently reading a free press in Europe. very interesting and
differnent.

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:50:18 -0700, Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Yea dammit - why the hell didn't we just let all those people continue to
>be tortured.  Nice that Blix is able to make such definitive statements in
>a complete vacuum of information to support it.
>
>At 06:30 PM 9/17/2003, Wirt Atmar wrote:
>>In the category of more venom spewed from a liberal, effete, nattering
pinko
>>press, the AP is reporting George "W.M.D." Bush as saying today that
Saddam
> [...]
turned
>>out to be true. But it was a good war nonetheless and it's only going to
cost
>>us a couple hundred billion more dollars. But we've got Saddam and Osama
right
>>where we want them.
>>
>>But the bottom line is that none of this matters now. We now have no
choice
>>but to stay for at least a year or two more and see this through to the
>>end. If
>>we were to leave now, we will leave a failed state that truly will be a
>>breeding ground for anti-Western terrorism.
>>
>>Wirt Atmar
>>
>>======================================
>>
>>Bush Says No of Evidence Saddam, 9/11 Link
>>By TERENCE HUNT, AP
>>
>>WASHINGTON (Sept. 17) - President Bush said Wednesday there was no
evidence
>>that Saddam Hussein was involved in the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11,
2001 -
>>disputing an idea held by many Americans...
>>
>>Yet, a new poll found that nearly 70 percent of respondents believed the
>>Iraqi leader probably was personally involved. Rumsfeld said, "I've not
>>seen any
>>indication that would lead me to believe that I could say that."
>>
>>=======================================
>>
>>Blix Says Iraq Probably Destroyed WMDs
>>
>>The Associated Press
>>
>>SYDNEY, Australia (AP) - Former U.N. chief weapons inspector Hans Blix
>>believes that Iraq destroyed most of its weapons of mass destruction 10
>>years ago,
>>but kept up the appearance that it had them to deter a military attack.
>>
>>In an interview with an Australian radio station broadcast Wednesday, Blix
>>said it was unlikely that the U.S and British teams now searching for
>>weapons in
>>Iraq would find more than some ``documents of interest.''
>>
>>``I'm certainly more and more to the conclusion that Iraq has, as they
>>maintained, destroyed all, almost, of what they had in the summer of
>>1991,'' Blix
>>told Australian Broadcasting Corp. radio.
>>
>>``The more time that has passed, the more I think it's unlikely that
anything
>>will be found.''
>>
>>Blix indicated he thought the U.S.-led coalition had backtracked on the
issue
>>of Iraq's weapons.
>>
>>``In the beginning they talked about weapons concretely, and later on they
>>talked about weapons programs. Maybe they'll find some documents of
>>interest,''
>>he said.
>>
>>=======================================
>>
>>Ret. General Zinni Criticizes Bush's Postwar Policy
>>Washington Post
>>
>>By: Thomas Ricks
>>
>>Date: 09/05/2003
>>
>>A former U.S. commander for the Middle East who still consults for the
State
>>Department yesterday blasted the Bush administration's handling of postwar
>>Iraq, saying it lacked a coherent strategy, a serious plan and sufficient
>>resources.
>>"There is no strategy or mechanism for putting the pieces together," said
>>retired Marine Gen. Anthony C. Zinni, and so, he said, "we're in danger of
>>failing."
>>
>>In an impassioned speech to several hundred Marine and Navy officers and
>>others, Zinni invoked the U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War in the
1960s and
>>'70s. "My contemporaries, our feelings and sensitivities were forged on
the
>>battlefields of Vietnam, where we heard the garbage and the lies, and we
>>saw the
>>sacrifice," said Zinni, who was severely wounded while serving as an
infantry
>>officer in that conflict. "I ask you, is it happening again?"
>>
>>Zinni's comments were especially striking because he endorsed President
Bush
>>in the 2000 campaign, shortly after retiring from active duty, and serves
as
>>an adviser to the State Department on anti-terror initiatives in
Indonesia and
>>the Philippines. He preceded Army Gen. Tommy R. Franks as chief of the
U.S.
>>Central Command, the headquarters for U.S. military operations in Iraq and
>>elsewhere in the Middle East.
>>
>>This was not the first time he has broken with the administration. He was
>>publicly skeptical last winter of the decision to attack Iraq.
>>
>>Underscoring how much his views have changed since 2000, he implied that
the
>>Bush administration is now damaging the U.S. military in the way that
Bush and
>>Vice President Cheney during that campaign charged that the Clinton
>>administration had done. "We can't go on breaking our military and doing
>>things like
>>we're doing now," he said.
>>
>>He also questioned the Bush administration's decision in January to have
the
>>Pentagon oversee postwar efforts in Iraq. "Why the hell would the
Department