HP3000-L Archives

September 2003, Week 3

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:45:46 -0500
I realize he agreed with the Federal Court ruling.  I am now afraid that
anyone could stop any election at any time in the future if this ruling
is allowed to stand.  There will always be some contrived reason why the
voting would not be "fair."  Al Gore opened up a gigantic Pandora's box
when he first ran to the courts to overturn the count and recount in
Florida.  We are now on a very slippery slope...

Let us hope the full Ninth Circus court sees its way clear to not let
this ruling stand.  If it does not, let us hope the US Supreme Court
reigns in this US Appeals court, (which has had two thirds of its
rulings overturned.)

And as a member of a small minority, I am deeply offended by the
assertion that minorities are unable to use punch cards to vote. I have
never had a problem with them.

Denys