HP3000-L Archives

September 2003, Week 3

From:
Goetz Neumann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Goetz Neumann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 03:17:33 -0500
 Johan Beghein wrote:

>> The config is given trough a profile, term type 0, and a printer type file
> name called 'TTMT360.PUB.SYS'.
> The TTMT360 file has been made with the TTUTIL utility, wich uses a VFC file
> called VFCMT360.PUB.SYS.
>
> I had to make some minor changes to the init string in the VFC file, that's
> no matter using the TTUTIL utility.
>
> My question is now, how can i get the changes activated ?
>
> Rebooting the system will sure work of course !
>
> I  saved the config in NNMGR, validated DTS/LINK, stopped and started DTS,
> and also rebooted the DTC to force download of config.
>
> This doesn't work, and if i look at the last access date & time of the
> VFCMT360 file, it hasn't changed since my minor changes.
>
> Doens anyboby know how to actived this new config without rebooting the
> system ?

IIRC you cannot get TT and VFC files re-freshed in memory
without a reboot.

What you can do for testing your new settings is to
make copies of yout TT and VFC files (make sure to
edit the copy in TTUTIL to point to the copy of the
VFC file), and setup a file equation with ;ENV=TTCOPY
for your test.

Goetz