HP3000-L Archives

September 2003, Week 2

From:
"Emerson, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Emerson, Tom
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:05:00 -0700

I'll add a "me too" to this -- perhaps some less-confrontational wording would be:

     Another good place to ask this question is ... where several hundred people read and respond daily

[whew -- avoided saying "the BEST way to phrase this is..." ;) ]

> I confess I do not read any of the ITRC forums (MPE or any
> other HP platform) on a regular basis similar to HP3000-L.

I started to for a while, but I guess I'm "old school" when it comes to message boards and newsgroups -- give me plain text over "the web" any day [where a 25mhz pentium-1 can "refresh" a (text) screen faster than the latest multi-ghz behemoth when dealing with a "web" version of the same thing]

> <PLUG?>
> However, there have been numerous times where ... an ITRC posting [was]
> the "*best*" answer to my problem.
> </PLUG?>

I've seen some really good answers, and some "just plain wrong" answers -- in fact, the ITRC is very much like 3000-L without the OT diversions :) [then again, people will post their "my pavillion is broke -- fix it for me" questions everwhere the "HP" logo appears...]