HP3000-L Archives

September 2003, Week 1

From:
"Wayne R. Boyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 23:08:54 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

> That being said, Europe, especially France, is definitely a high-tax area.
> For instance, the share of GDP that's levied off the national wealth in all
> tax forms you can imagine is 47% in France. In the USA, the same levy (all
> taxes, not just income tax) is, I believe, 33%.

But here in the USA we have 50 states.... almost all of which impose their
own state taxes.... any Europeans paying provincial taxes???????  Add the
average state taxes to federal taxes and you get over 40% I suspect.  We are just
better at hiding taxes than the average European country I suspect.

Wayne