HP3000-L Archives

September 2003, Week 1

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:37:23 EDT
Alan writes:

> The current convention in Europe seems to be to just use the three
>  character Currency Codes for any international communication, or cross
>  border invoicing etc. And thus dropping pound signs and dollar signs
>  completely.
>
>  You can find the most common list at
>
>  http://publications.eu.int/code/en/en-5000700.htm
>
>  or a full list at (watch the wrap)
>
>  http://www.bsi-global.com/Portfolio+of+Products+and+Services/Books+Guides
>  /Consumer/th42090.xalter

I very much appreciate your additional comments. There was some valuable
incremental information in what you posted.

To be honest, we weren't considering international shipments but rather how
currency would be registered internally within each country, using their own
national currency symbols, in the most commonly used traditional fashion. But as
the currency codes are just three-letter combinations, they can easily be
added by the user. We're putting this information into two of our products,
QCReport (the new, platform-agnostic version of QueryCalc) and CUSoon, a corporate
emailer. They both have nearly identical equation interpretation engines in
them.

Thanks again,

Wirt Atmar