SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2003

From:
Viv Matson-Larkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 03:52:45 -0400
On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 08:59:42 -0400, Jeff Kell wrote:

>With all the recent ELSE! postings, may I remind you all that this is
>also the SCUBA forum.

Oh Jeff ... stop being a killjoy ;-))  Ya know, I've really learnt a lot
lately from some of my favrite posters.  And, Yes, on more than one
occasion I was joining them in sigh mode.

>How in the hell did such a close knit group of individuals at CZM'99 get
>to this point?  I guess it's like marriage, the honeymoon is over and
>it's time to start bickering :-)

Nah, bickering by a few, but in general most *do* know what they are
talking about.  Some are just too dense to register the message when,
driven to point of frustration, the poster has to be blunt and call a
spade a spade... and they still don't it ... duh!

>While I may have my disagreements with your opinions, I can't forget the
>kindred spirit we at least seemed to share not so long ago.

That kindred spirit was still there when I joined the Motley crew for the
Cayman trip last year.  And it grew even more during this years
miniNEDfest at Fiji with Strike & Sylvia, the Nitrox sweethearts, Crusty
Russ & darling family, and Don Ward with his Freedom Divers crowd.

In fact, love was certainly in the air during and after that trip.
One of Don's crowd met and fell in love with the DM.  They tied the knot
last week.  Another couple in Don's crowd had such a romantic time at
Kadavu they were engaged by the end of the trip.  So that is one marriage
down and another to go.

Personally I avoid marriage like the plague but I'm not your normal type
of gal .. twitch, twitch!  Having survived 4 marriages between my parents
(all ended on bad terms) I can honestly say it's not everyones cup of tea.

>I need to get back to Cozumel.  Those were happier times.

Or, if you can't get the time off to take up dah Feeshes kind offer work
towards joining the Motley crew in La Paz late Sept 2004.
Viv