SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2003

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 01:25:33 -0400
On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 00:11:28 -0400, Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

HEY look!  Lee has found a NEW form of Obfuscation <tm>!  All the
">" are stripped so that you can't tell who is saying what to whom,
except to those few careful readers like mahself!  So, my good deed
of the day will be my Queen's Scout <that's the HK equivalent of
Lee's Eagle Scout :-)> volunteer work of helping old ladies
(Christian, e.g.) and old bastards (too many of those) to navigate
through the trecherous channels Lee has created by removing all
the navigational markers!

>Michael Doelle wrote:
>
>Really now. Where? You have experience outside the US? In the Orient,
>maybe?

Lee replied:

>Nope.  Strike and Bjorn have both told me I'm clueless about the orient.
>I've already conceded the point.  My experience, in this case is in the
>Bahamas.

What did I tell ya!  TWO days ago, I posted this:

RF>2.  I didn't even know that Lee had been anywhere outside of the US
RF>    other than Cozumel and the Bahamas.  :-)   Now he is just
RF>    wiggling to say that since he was presumably at some ORIENTAL
RF>    country ... but then why did he relate that to Bjorn's question
RF>    of asking about price in the US?

I was right on the money!  He still hasn't caught on Bjorn's question
about the US price yet.   The Bahamas doesn't belong to the US, yet!
Bush is too busy trying to colonize Iraq now.  ;-)

That's Lee's world -- "Small World" indeed.  :-))  And he argues
with anyone and everyone on HIS experience in "world's ECO diving".

M the Weasel says,

>Look, what exactly did  you try to tell us by calling someone an Oriental,
>eh? Is that different from an Occidental? 'Cause from where you are, I'm
>the Oriental (Andy and HuW too, hehe). Your 'Orientals' are actually your
>Occidentals.

Mika was just as wrong as Lee on the "oriental" issue, but in rhetorical
war on words, who the hell care what's right or wrong on Occidental
Accidental misuse of words.  ;-)

The camera turns to Lee's corner:

>You don't understand the word?  Sorry, I thought you were education.  I
>meant somebody that looks like they are from the orient.  They could have
>been Japanese, they could have been Chinese, they could have been Korean,
>they could have been from any country that has features I consider
oriental.

Never mind that Mika is not "education", what Lee is trying to say is
that he meant any slant-eyed chinaman coolie-look-alike non-Caucasian
in the Bahamas that could have looked like the real ones from Outer
Mongolia.  THEY can't rebutt Lee -- cuz there ain't none of them
creatures in any ng or lists in the past 20 years.  ;^)

Still Lee talking:

>I do not know what country these people were from, only that when the tuna
>hit the dock, they were there with their checkbook.

And THEIR Bahamian price is the US price?  Nevermind.  Lee didn't know
the price either.  He only knows "they" were there with their checkbook.

The camera pans over to Mika's corner:

>However, if you actually just meant to say 'some little yellow fella', why
>didn't you just say that? This is an international list, we can relate to
>that. Most of us even know where the 'Orient' is. And we got lots of -
>uhh -Orientals around here.

Waddayya mean "some little yellow fella"?  That's a 7' 5" BIG yella fella
playing basketball for Houston!  Lee meant some slant-eyed chinaman
coolie-look-alike ... of course.

Back to Lee:

>So far, you've referred to Mexicans as little brown people and now
>orientals as little yellow fellas.  So far, I've done neither.

But Lee has called Mika his white ass though.  :-)

Lee continues,

>You really should be
>more considerate of those who are different from you.  Granted, it's not
>something the people of your country always did, but I kind of thought
>you'd gotten over that.

Lee wanna recreate a World War II?  Are we gonna renew some
international and racial hatred and bigotry right here on our big shew?

Mika singed off with,

>Oh, so, *I* stopped in to insult you. Your comment was of course
completely
>innocent. Think that you'll find a lot of people to buy that?  Wanna
>apologize for a racist comment, maybe? Your call, Lee.

Lee apologizing for anything?  You've been eating too much kraut, M! ;^)
That's why Lee can't even spell "apologize"!  That's not a typo.  He
REALLY doesn't know how to spell that word.  When Lee "appologizes"
he would say something like, "I'll put you in my block list.!"

>Sure.  You tell me which comment I made that is racist and I'll appologize
>for it.  Be sure, however, it's mine and not your own.
>
>Lee

That's funny.  May be THAT's why Lee has stripped all the ">" from his
recent post(s) ... so that even our newly crowned Archivist Bjorn
won't be able to point to the archives and say "Lee says this",
because Lee would then dance with "HOW can you prove it?  Mika said
them.  I didn't."

And so ... the curtains falls, on yet another episode of "As Lee's
World Turns".   Until next time ...

ElPezNeuvo.