SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2003

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 19:05:11 -0400
On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 22:50:59 -0500, Mike Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:05:55 -0500, Mike Wallace
>> wrote:

>> >Not true Kemosabe.
>>
>> Heehee~ eeet's true Tonto!
>
>No.....no it's not.
>

>> Strike was right in THIS case -- that a COURSE in ice-diving would
>> certainly help those who ain't done it to get properly ORIENTED as
>> to what it's all about.
>
>Like that one course and two or three ice dives you did WAY back when?

Yup.  That will do for starters.  And if you ain't done it, and NOT know
the bid about tenders and restricted distance of the rope in RECREATIONAL
ice diving, then you're just whistling Dixie.

For both you and Mika (I don't have to ask that idiot Christian to know
that he knows nothing about ice diving) -- I'll have you answer these
question first:

1.  Are you CERTIFIED, under any recreational diving agency, as an
    Ice Diver.  (Because if you're gonna show up in New Hampshire,
    and East Coast Diver -- 5 Star PADI shop and say you wanna do
    an ice dive with them, because you don't have the chain saw or
    whatever ice-diving equipment with you, then they're going to
    ask you to show your cert).

2.  If you ARE recreational ice-dive certified, then did the agency
    have the prococol of a TENDER, and a (very) limited LENGTH of the
    rope for tending?

THEN we'll talk.

This entire discussion had the ridiculous start that Mika wanted to
argue that ICE is not extreme cold because he had misunderstood the
term "extreme cold water" diving to mean "extreme diving" forgetting
about the COLD WATER part completely.

In this RECREATIONAL forum, in which I don't know AS YET, if anyone
(besides myself) is a certified ICE DIVER, I merely pointed out some
very fundamental difference between rec ice dive and ALL other rec
diving.

The next thing I heard was IDIOT Christian talk about Norbert Wu (or
you for that matter) diving in the Antartic.   That's just NOT the
kind of ice-diving I was talking about, nor relevant to any of the
mouth dancers in this forum, definitely true of Mika on the subject,
and now possibly true about you, in view about your implication that
you know better to ice dive WITHOUT a tender, and WITHOUT a rope,
etc.

I'll address each of your points (you and Mika) after your answers to
my two simple questions.

As for Christian, I'll simply say anybody can look up a webpage about
Wu's artarctic ice diving, and that's rather far fetch to discusss in
in a forum in which there are less than TWO (or three) certified
RECREATIONAL ICE DIVERS.

ElPezNeuvo.