SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2003

From:
Michael Doelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 15:28:42 -0400
Moin David,

>So Europe WANTED more refugees?

Probably not, but there was also no major problem in absorbing them,
either. For example, the Munich area has tons of (former) Yugoslavian
residents anyway, so lots of them found refuge with relatives. While the
cost for the state wasn't negligible, it was hardly a major drain. If it is
your claim that the Euro-Trash started bombing Belgrade because of a
refugee problem. you are invited to provide some proof. However, I agree
with you (I think) that bombing civilian installations and infrastructure
was a bad idea. Do you have family there by any chance?

>You don't keep score any better than you present
facts.<

You have not challenged a whole lot of facts that I have presented. Calling
me anti-American does not count, because I am clearly not.

>You want to set the rules, choose the questions, and
score the game. Even a dumb American can see how that
is going to turn out.<

What rules? Are there any? Maybe this is a cultural thing. Here in Europe
it is a common thing that people have heated  arguments about politics
which do, however, not usually lead to personal dislike.  Once the subjetc
changes, and you find that you like the same soccer team, you are likely to
unite with the political opponent against the political ally. Sound crazy?
Probably is. But that's life.

>If it makes you feel better about yourself to wail on
me, well God bless you man.<

Didn't Lee just use that line about feeling 'superior'? Didn't understand
it then either. OK, I am sorry about the DF, and I apologize (imagine
'Otto' apologizing in A Fish Called Wanda). Since I'm the foulmouthed
whatever-it-was, I guess we are even here, and can start over again.

Mika