SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2003

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:20:52 -0400
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:28:38 -0400, Carl Heinzl <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Bob,  you are totally misinterpreting what "cave cut" means.  Like Jim
>originally said (which
>was worded so well, I'll quote it AGAIN here)...

>"Cave cut"  is just a name that is associated with a particular way of
>tailoring the suit.  It is
>intended to give the greatest range of motion with the least excess
>internal suit volume. It is the
>way that ALL drysuits should be cut for EVERYONE. There is no real
>reason for anyone NOT
>to want it - it is the cut that provides the best overall fit.
>
>Unquote

See my reply to Mika, immediately before this.  I DON'T like to
wear tight-fitting-bonesmuggler pants which will enable 12" dick
Geroge to smuggle bones with the greatest range of motion.

It's just as SIMPLE as that principle that there no reason for
ANYONE to PRESCRIBE to anyone else (except in a religious order
which WKPP is) what they should wear.   The WKPP desciples HAVE
to abide by unreasoned dogma.  But those who don't subscribe to
that religion can THINK for themselves.

>That means Bob, that, for thin people the suit will be cut thin.  For
>those who aren't so thin, it will be cut accordingly.

But a thin person can PREFER to have his suit cut with PLENTY of
extra space;  and those who are so thin can PREFER to have theirs
cut MUCH larger than the cave cut.   It's none of the WKPPer's
business to tell anyone what they SHOULD or SHOULDN'T wear.

Ever seen the BAGGY pants the basketball players wear?  I would think
they can move MUCH better with trimmer pants, as basketball player
USED to wear.  The pants of some BB players are so long and loose
that they could trip themselves on the SHORT pant legs.  :^)

>But, no matter WHAT build you are, you won't have EXCESS
>suit material that will cause extra drag, get caught/snagged on
>things/etc.

Hey, go sing your tune to the Boston watsatheirteam pro BB players
about the size of their shorts.  ;)   Or to all those folks who
prefer and DO wear loose-fitting garments (which I actually don't),
to the extent that they "rook mahvelous NOT, but lidicurous" to me.

But it's THEIR choice -- not for you or me or JimG anyone else to
prescribe, no more so than NO ONE will ever convince me with
REAL reason why I should have a 7' hose.  <This is not a hint for
a rehash :-)))>.  Just a repeat of a PRINCIPLE that NO SIZE bits
all, no matter what any religion or religious zealots say.

>>Errrr ... you are not gonna heat up any 'ice water' if the suit
>>leaked.  :-))  You climb out of that damned hole (no more than
>>100 ft away) right away to keep from getting hypothermia!  :-))
>>
>Well, Bob, ice diving isn't the ONLY cold water diving that's done.

Righto, the most extreme Cold Water diving though.
Cave diving isn't the ONLY cold water diving that's done either.

ElPezNeuvo.