SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2003

From:
Michael Doelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 14:19:50 -0400
Chuck said:

>The other three divers each had 6 120s and 3 40s (pony bottles.)  Dive 1
was on the Capt Dan -
about 100 feet dive 2 on the Copenhagen, and dive 3 under the balls (about
20 feet of water.)  On all 3 dives the burned up all of the air in all of
their tanks including the ponys.  On none of the dives did we even get
close
to half way.  They had all of the requisite DIR gear, just not the skills
or
fitness to use them.<

Ponies? You mean deco bottles?

Nothing wrong with that per se. I've done tons of dives on doubles that
were to 60 ft or less. Where else would you do training dives?