HP3000-L Archives

August 2003, Week 4

From:
Alan Yeo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:02:18 -0500
 Whilst highly editing Denys comments below, may I say that I hope nobody
at Interex or the army of volunteers took my observations and
suggestions as a criticism of either them or the work they put in
organising HP World. It truly is an amazing event, and well worth
attending just to keep up with what's happening or likely to be
happening.

My comments were strictly observations on its relevance to where HP3000
users currently are, and what are the most important things affecting
them currently, and what might be done to better meet those needs.

After all, wouldn't it be self defeating to go to all the trouble of
organising an MPE track for Chicago next year, get all? the
presentations and sessions submitted, selected, scheduled etc, and then
have only a small coach load of people (including vendors etc) turn up
for it.

I hate to think what the cost per paid attendee head at the 2003 event
would be if we added up the time and costs incurred, by Interex, the
vendors, presenters and vCSY.

And whilst it may be close to heretical to suggest it in the USA, Bigger
isn't always better.

Alan

In article <[log in to unmask]>, Denys Beauchemin
<[log in to unmask]> writes

--
Alan Yeo
[log in to unmask]    Just because you're paranoid