HP3000-L Archives

August 2003, Week 4

From:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 07:36:15 -0700
From: "Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>

> I was watching some news this morning and they
> where giving a summary with video of a car race,
> (the usual series of accidents and the winner.)
>
> There was a solo spinout of one car, it was
> carrying the HP logo on the side.  The only
> logo it had.

not sure what you saw....  however, hp is a major sponser of the BMW WilliamsF1 (r. schumacher and j.p. montoya, finishing 4th and 3rd respectively in yesterday's hungarian grand prix).  given that the bmw team is dominating this year's f1 competition, i guess there's something to be said for computation fluid dynamics, heaps o'computers and tons o'money (all three heavily influenced by hp (go figured)).        - d