HP3000-L Archives

August 2003, Week 3

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:41:32 -0700
While standing in the bookstore at the Atlanta airport Friday I spied the
paperback of Seabiscuit on the shelf. Alfredo Rego recommended Seabiscuit on
the list awhile back - and since I always try to follow Alfredo's
recommendations, I picked up the book for the long flight back home from
HPWorld 2003.

It is a wonderful read. The author, Laura Hillenbrand, has done a tremendous
job researching all the remarkable - and true - people and events that make
up the Seabiscuit story. Even better, she has brought all the characters,
human and equine, to life in a way that makes you feel as though you were
there.

I've never been to a horse race track and the last horse race I watched on
television was Secretariat's Belmont win thirty years ago. Doesn't matter.
It is a great human (and equine) interest story.

John