HP3000-L Archives

August 2003, Week 1

From:
"Bartram, Chris (Contractor)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bartram, Chris (Contractor)
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 20:25:27 -0400
The folks that told you that were NOT entirely correct...

See http://www.3k.com in the HPFAQ for a definitive answer on what counts as
"sessions"...

The console doesn't count.

Logged on users count, and hung devices count (try a :SHOWDEV and look for
terminal devices UNAVAIL SYS #n ). Opening a terminal device (port) will
count against the session limit, even before a session actually completely
logs on to the device. An :ABORTIO on the device (if it's been in that state
for a long time) will usually free it up, though the default logon timeout
(about 2-3 minutes?) will usually kick in and free the device up without
"assistance".

It used to be fairly common for serial connected terminals/emulators to
occasionally hang up a port and count as an active session...

HTH,
  Chris Bartram