HP3000-L Archives

August 2003, Week 1

From:
"Wayne R. Boyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:26:36 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Similar things happen in Arabic, where the encodings of Windows and HP
> differ in more than half the character set. If the HP or windows systems are
> only used in transition, nothing goes wrong, but if the data originates on
> one system, and you wish to use it on the other, you must translate the
> character set to retain sense in the data.

I was trying to locate my NLS manual the other day.  I wanted to research
different character encoding standards which I have had little experience using.
Does anyone have a CONCISE reference (website or printed) index of various
different language character sets?  Does anyone know how well MPE conforms to
some of these standards?

My objective is to understand the issues involved in converting from older
character encoding standards into the new Unicode standard.

Wayne