UTCSTAFF Archives

August 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Noelle Beck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:10:37 -0400
Hi everyone!

I would like to bring you up to date on some information regarding new state

mandates for immunizations for students. I thought this information may be

especially helpful for those of you advising students.We still need the
"measles"

or MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccination

dates. A new state mandate has required us to get either 1) the dates of

Hepatitis B immunizations or 2) have the student sign a waiver. In order

to take them off hold, we need 1) MMR dates, 2) the waiver or dates for the

Hepatitis B series. In addition, for students living on campus, the state

mandate requires that we obtain a date of the student's meningitis vaccine,

"Menomune", (within the last 5 years) or get the student to sign a waiver.

The immunization form can be found at the Student Health web site under

"immunizations" (I tried sending the attachment, but the list guidelines

will not allow it).I know that having the correct information for the
student will help the

process go a little more smoothly!

Thanks

Noelle Beck, RN, CRRN
Health Educator
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Student Health Service
Dept. 6856
615 McCallie Ave.
Chattanooga,TN 37403-2598

phone: (423) 425-2334
fax:     (423) 425-2266

**
 "Why this fellow don't know any more about politics than a pig knows about
Sunday."

-President Harry S. Truman (1952)
**