SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2003

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:28:03 -0400
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 02:27:33 -0400, Reef Fish
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 01:05:19 -0400, Brad <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>Somebody probably beat me to it , (I haven't read all my mail yet) but
the
>>density of water does vary with temperature. At around 55 deg F it
becomes
>>slightly more dense.  ...And at 32 deg F it becomes very dense. :-))
>>

>Not having read but 1 or 2 posts in this thread, I am SURE somebody,
>probably LOTS of bodies, have beaten you to it.  :-)

My curiosity got the best of me.  I DID go back and saw that
almost everybody who commented on Lee's WAG on density corrected
his nonsense.  :-)  Kudos to Bjorn, RayJ, David Hale, Mika, et el.

>Lee Bell sez (didn't read his post either)
>
>>> I'm not as positive about temperature, but I'll go out on a limb,
>>> just for the sake of argument.  As long as water is in its liquid
>>> form, the density doesn't change with temperature either.
>
><Blah Blah Blah ... snipped>
>
>That's characteristic Lee:
>
>1.  Ignorance in physics and related scientific matters.
>
>2.  Can't stand to keep his mouth shut and listen first.
>
>3.  Always jumps in, "for the sake of argument" -- which is all
>    he does -- and WRONG most of the time when that happens.
>
>4.  When repeatedly exposed of his folly and obfuscation, Lee
>    puts me in his "blocked list".  :-))))))))))

I forgot to mention 4a.  Lee goes to rec.scuba to brag about his
filter and calls me "An asshole's asshole".  :-))))))))))))))

>That pretty much summarized 8 years of Lee's posting history.  <BWG>

The fact that TEMPERATURE affects the standards of ALL scientific
measures appears to be Lee's fundamental violations of these laws:

> On physics:  Light travels faster than sound. This
> is why some people appear bright until you hear
> them speak

That definitely applies to Lee, especially on matters of Physics.  :-))

> On memory:   Everyone has a photographic memory.
> Some don't have film.

That very definitely applies to Lee too!  Furthermore, Lee is
too LAXY to use the archives, or refer to books, articles, or
any kind of reference others pointed to ... because ... he
prefers to Mouth Dance <tm>, Obfuscate <tm>, and ARGUE.   <BWG>

ElPezNeuvo.