SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2003

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 21:31:50 +1000
On Wednesday, August 20, 2003 1:43 PM, Reef Fish wrote:

(snip)

And I was going to respond to David Hale's earlier post in the same way:
:-)))

> >9)  Party Time
> >And then we drank beer!!!  :-))

> And not before?  You LYING Old Bastard!  :-)

Wot you've got to remember is that Daniel Mercier is French!  And as many of
the contestants in the imaging competitions - as well as some of the
judges - were from Europe, there was a heavy emphasis on wine.  After
spending several days slurping wine it took considerable effort on my part
to make them drink beer.  Fortunately most of them saw the error of their
ways!  (Particularly when I explained to them that 1/10th of a persons daily
vitamin intake comes from drinking one-pint of beer and that therefore,
according to my calculations, 10-pints of beer equals a healthy diet!!!
:-)))

Strike