SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2003

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 2003 14:15:13 -0400
On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 00:23:40 +1000, Poe Lim <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> [...]

My use of the term "jell" is nonscientific, and it may not be a jell
at all.  I was thinking of an implant like a tiny boob on wimmin, in
my eye.

>> Mine was definitely BETTER.  Of course I wasn't wearing any glasses
>> or contacts.  Also Poe seemed to be skeptical, but it seemed that the
>> piece of "jelly" implanted where the yellow cataract was removed, my
>> vision of that eye was virtually 20/20.   I suppose the replacement
>> COULD cause distortion to make my normal vision abnormal.  Perhaps
>> that's why the doc had said after my OTHER eye is operated on, he'll
>> then give me a thorough vision test to see whether I need glasses
>
>That soulds interesting; the gel sounds like something new.

Now that you have my own curiosity piqued.

When I see the doc next (in 3 weeks), I'll find out more about exactly
what was stuck in there for my seeing eyes.

>Cheers,
>Poe

Believe it or not, I am posting this from one of the eight FREE internet
access PCs set up by the Stat. Meeting folks.  I was down here browsing
another set of PCs to find out who are registered and learned to my
surprise that a FIFTH Ph.D. student of mine, who has been Dean at
the Grad School of Business of Auburn University is/will be at this
Meeting.  I haven't seen him for over a decade!  Hope to see him her.

-- Bob.