SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2003

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:58:46 -0400
On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:13:43 -0400, Steve Weigold <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

><BIG Sigh>
>
>OK.. I'm going to try to explain this ONE more time, just because I'm
trying
>to defend the fact that I am not a clueless newbie.

For the record, I didn't call you one, nor anyone else did, AFAIK.

>> >Steve-
>> >it may not be a List member - this worm is working around and about and
>> >can use any email Id of current or even past member to even anyone that
>> >may have your email Id on their puter-

I think Ken wrote this.  I am on the road in a hotel now.  Not worth
my time looking up the ID.

>> Steve,
>>
>> Ken is absolutely correct on the above.
>>
>> In spite of your careful "research", your analysis (to Mika) was
>> flawed.  Just becaues there was an address from someone on this list
>> doesn't necessarily mean that the list member sent it OR that list
>> member had the virus.  It could be NEITHER.

This seems to confirm that Ken wrote it.  I wrote the above.

>I did not get a bounce from an email address for anyone subscribed to this
>list.  I never have, and I never said I did.  What I SAID was that I got
>emails RELATED to this list.  Emails that were consistent with someone who
>perhaps had this list or emails from this list in their mail program.

You cited the entirety of what I posted, here and below, after your
sig!  When did I say any of what you alleged I said?

>You like the archive feature Bob.  Go reread my post.

I don't need to.

>I provided examples
>there too.
>
>-> 016511 03/08/21 19:03 73  OT - Someone on the list has a virus
>
>Here is my final example.  I got this email TODAY.

>---
>Please see the attached file for details.
>Unknown command - "PLEASE". Try HELP.
>
>Summary of resource utilization
>-------------------------------
> CPU time:        0.000 sec
> Overhead CPU:    0.000 sec
> CPU model:         450MHz Pentium III (256M)
> Job origin:      [log in to unmask]

>-----
>
>I HAVE NOT sent any commands to the raven server.  The virus, WHOEVER has
>it, spoofed the to address as the raven sever, and the from, as MINE.  Who
>else, besides someone on this list would have BOTH my address and the
>raven server address on their PC?

You STILL DIDN'T GET THE POINT, from Ken, me, and even Chuck!

It doesn't have to anyone on this list.  It is POSSIBLE that someone
"spoofed" you.  It could even have been that "Robert Lung" chicken
shit asshole.   But your exhibit substantiated NOTHING for your case.

Re-read what ALL others said about your episode.  The only clueless
one there was Lee.

>I rest my case.  I am not a clueless idiot,

You should simply "rest".  You had no case, and still has no case.

Nobody called you a "clueless idiot".   Not even me!  :-)
Mika did call you a dumbfuck, not so much for this but for your
top posting, I recall.

>and it wasn't a warning.  I know
>better.  My logic is also not flawed.  If you still don't get it don't
>worry, rest assured, I won't post anything else about it.  This has
already
>wasted much more of my time than deleting the bounce and incoming virus
>messages ever had.  I'll also certainly remember that the next time I
>consider making a reasonable request to the list.
>
>Steve

ElPezNeuvo.