HP3000-L Archives

July 2003, Week 5

From:
Mark Wonsil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 20:14:31 -0400
> "Betting markets even beat Hewlett Packard official forecasts six
> times out of eight at predicting HP printer sales."
>
> You should read the entire article at:

http://techcentralstation.com/1051/defensewrapper.jsp?PID=1051-350&CID=1051-
073003F

Here's another.  Fortune was on this one way back in Feb/Mar.

http://www.fortune.com/fortune/investing/articles/0,15114,471785,00.html

A futures system sure seems to be an excellent way to dislodge information
from many sources.  The lure of big makes a lot of people talk, especially
lower profile people who usually don't get the same rewards as the upper
level.  Come to think of it, a bankruptcy futures market may help many
rank-and-file balance their job security with a win at the track.  :-o

As for the Washington politicians, most really don't understand fiscal
concepts, so I take their comments with a grain of, er load of, well, you
know.  As the article states, if a terrorist group wanted to make A LOT of
money, they would be tipping their hand by making the bet in the first
place.  The secret to succeeding in a futures market is to know a lot about
the market.  That's how a Suburban Chicago Girl made $60K in cattle futures
in one month.  ;-)

Mark W.